GLOW RECIPE ✨ – the products of the brand are as tempting as its name! When it first became topic of the town, I simply could not get over how thoughtful, refreshing and unique the entire brand philosophy was and how well they executed it in their product name and packaging.
When I was making my first purchase at the brand, I was confused between which one to splurge on first: their ever-so-popular Watermelon Sleeping Mask or Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist. However, I stumbled on their new serum and changed the entire plan!
The Pineapple-C Brightening Serum ($49) is described as a “potent (but) lightweight Vitamin C and AHA serum”. What spoke to me about the product, first, was the packing! I love how the brand incorporates an essence of their ingredients into their packaging, giving it a pure K-beauty-ish ambiance.
~ Glow Recipe Pineapple-C Brightening Serum ????– Worth It?
The formula is contains “smoothing pineapple juice and hyaluronic acid to brighten and even tone”. Sounds tempting, errrr? Well. It is. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients:
- PINEAPPLE: A potent source of natural vitamin C, natural AHA, and bromelain enzymes for bright, smooth, and hydrated skin. It “visibly fades dark spots, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation for smoother, clearer skin”.
- ASCORBIC ACID: A potent form of vitamin C, and ascorbic acid. Helps to “brighten your complexion and even out your skin tone”. Ascorbic acid also visibly reduce signs of premature aging (i.e fine lines and wrinkles).
- 3-O-ETHYL ASCORBIC ACID: A vitamin C derivative made up of 75% Ascorbic Acid and 25% Ethyl Group. It further helps to brighten and even skin tone while acting as a powerful antioxidant giving you your glowiest skin ever.
- HYALURONIC ACID: Hydrates and plumps skin by attracting water to maintain long-lasting hydration.
FREE OF: Parabens, Mineral Oil, Sulfates, Phthalates, Alcohol, Synthetic Dyes. Vegan. Cruelty-free.
When it comes to skincare products, you just cannot have an opinion on them after one use. You need to use it for weeks to know if it is actually making a difference. Well, when it is an expensive product, I usually am more critical about it.
I have been using the glow serum for 15 days now – which, I guess, is a reasonable timespan to see if the results have started to appear or not.
And guess what?
So far, I totally think that the product is absolutely worth the hype!
I noticed that even my bare skin looks more radiant, glowy, super-smooth and even. The serum was gentle on my skin – which means I did not feel any irritation or any breakouts afterwards, considering that my skin is extremely sensitive.
~ How Did I Use It:
I have been using it once a day – before sleeping time. Although the recommendations say to at least use it twice, my skin is sensitive and I tend to stay away from overdoing anything.
I use 3-4 drops on my entire face after I have cleansed and I do not use any moisturizer after it to know the real results.
~ Three Significant Differences I Noticed:
- I noticed that it visibly helped reduce my hyperpigmentation.
- It did brighten my face.
- My skin felt hydrated, even without using any moisturizer on top.
FINAL VERDICT: YES, WORTH THE SPLURGE!